Here at NPT we’ve been gearing up for Country Music, the Ken Burns documentary series coming to Nashville Public Television next month. It just gets better and better: Join NPT for a Country Music Premiere Party Sunday, Sept. 15, at the Grand Ole Opry House. Tickets are $75 and are available at wnpt.org/country-music/opry-event.
Each event ticket includes:
- A general admission seat in the Grand Ole Opry House to view the two-hour first episode
- Entry into the Opry’s newly installed immersive Circle Room theater experience
- A 30-minute performance by Old Crow Medicine Show
- An advance copy of Old Crow Medicine Show’s latest album, Live at the Ryman (for the first 500 people entering the Grand Ole Opry House that evening)
- A one-year subscription to NPT Passport (a $60 value) so attendees can binge watch all episodes of Ken Burns’ Country Music beginning Sept. 15
- Two drink tickets and pre-show hors d’oeuvres
- Access to special giveaways at the event
- $20 off any $100 instore purchase in the Opry Shop (including Country Music merchandise)
Country Music is an eight-part, 16-hour series covering the history of the genre from its earliest days to 1996. The series airs 7 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday, Sept. 15 through 25 ‒ immediately followed by an encore presentation each night ‒ and in two weekend marathons.
Proceeds from the Country Music Premiere Party support NPT’s cultural, educational and civic programming.