Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, the iconic public television children’s show, turns 50 this year! To celebrate, PBS is pairing episodes of popular animated series Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood with the original Mister Rogers episodes that inspired them. Watch through March 2 at 8:30 and 9 a.m. on NPT. There will also be PBS Kids Family Night dedicated to the pairings; enjoy that on NPT3 PBS Kids from 6 to 8 p.m. nightly, Friday, March 2, through Sunday, March 4.
The weekday episodes are as follows:
- February 26: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood “Daniel’s Fish Dies/Daniel’s Strawberry Seeds” (NEW) and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood “Death of a Goldfish”
- February 27: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood “The Tiger Family Grows/Daniel Learns About Being a Big Brother” and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood “Families”
- February 28: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood “Visiting Grandpere/The Tiger Family Goes Home” and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood “Grandparents”
- March 1: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood “Friends Help Each Other/Daniel Helps O Tell a Story” and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood “Friends”
- March 2: Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood “Daniel Gets Mad/Katerina Gets Mad” and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood “Mad Feelings”
There’s something for older viewers, too. Mister Rogers: It’s You I Like, a new special hosted by Michael Keaton, features a number of guests sharing their memories of the long-running series. The program premieres Tuesday, March 6, at 7 p.m. Keaton’s connection to the Mister Rogers series is a long one ‒ he worked as a stagehand and made appearances on the show in the 1970s. He’s joined by Judd Apatow, Whoopi Goldberg, Chris Kratt, Yo-Yo Ma and son Nicholas Ma, Itzhak Perlman, Sarah Silverman, Esperanza Spalding and others who reveal their favorite memories from Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. Series performers Joe Negri (“Handyman Negri”), David Newell (“Mr. McFeely”) and Joanne Rogers, Fred’s widow, also share their personal stories.
Additional airtimes for Mister Rogers: It’s You I Like on NPT are:
- Saturday, March 10, at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, March 10, at 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 11, at noon
Find our complete program schedule at wnpt.org/schedule/